Thursday, February 24, 2005

New Feature: CrapMail

This is where I respond to reader email.

Asian Queen asks:

Hey Crapples, where are you politically? I can’t tell from your blogroll.


Thanks for the question AQ. Crapples isn’t into politics, he’s into The People. Afterall, it’s People who put the “peop” in “politics”, so it will be over my dead body that those fat-cats in Washing...

... Wait, there is no “peop” in “politics”. … Maybe they just put the “P” in there. I swear, I was just reading about this the other day.

Back to my point: I’m pro wide-eyed baby deer. Note, however, that I don’t give a crap about adult deer. Also, I hate Sean Connery. I honestly do. I can’t even watch a movie with that guy in it. I’m not kidding at all.

But as for real politics, this really isn’t a political blog. The truth is, I wouldn’t have even responded to your email publicly except that I wanted to make that joke about “the people” (and I'm going to argue that it was worth it). I also wanted to find a way to mention my hatred for Sean Connery. I'm not joking at all about that part.

Stephen (last name omitted) asks:

Crap: What does “like a bee who gathered too much honey” mean?


Good question, Stephen. The “bee” quote is from the first chapter of Thus Spoke Zarathustra, which is the namesake of this blog, by Friedrich Nietzsche. The book is about Zarathustra, who lived in the mountains for years but eventually decided to descend into the village to share his wisdom with the people. The main difference between Zarathustra and me is that he taught the people about the death of God and the rise of the Perfect Man, while I mostly talk about aliens and… well, you know – Brainball and stuff.

If I continue to get mail, I'll think about making this a semi-regular feature. But, only if I want to. Send all mail to crapples.smith@gmail.com, or click on the link in my profile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home