Monday, February 28, 2005

Sparkle Moments

I’m not like most guys you probably know. When I get home from a long day at work I don’t go out with "the boys", or “talk” to my "kids". On the contrary, the thing that brings me the most joy is to spend special time with my special lady. That’s why I’ve always been a strong advocate for what I like to call “sparkle moments”. Sparkle moments are just those special times when you and your lady experience the full depth of your love for one another.

In my experience, creativity is the key to producing more sparkle moments in your relationship. That's why I've decided to publish a few ideas I've had for creative dates (you might even call them sparkle dates) that I think some of my male readers might be interested in. These dates will set you apart from the crowd. Trust me, women love them. I’ll just list a few.

  • If you’re feeling silly, try watching MTV together and playing along with all of the songs on kazoos. If you don’t know the tune, just make it up! Sometimes your mistakes will be the highlight of the whole evening!
  • If you’re feeling romantic, try spending the whole evening winking at each other. Don’t be afraid to mix things up a little either. Try the slow wink, the fast wink, or the double wink (also known as the “blink”).
  • Go outside and watch the skies for Haley’s comet. This activity is especially fun because it only flies by our planet once every 75 years. You just never know when you’re going to get lucky!
  • Put airline tickets to a romantic destination in a helium filled mylar balloon, then let it float away. You never know what adventures wait for you and your lady as you try to track it down.
  • Wake her up at 12AM on a normal weeknight and insist on singing every verse of Auld Lang Syne together. You’ll find that every day is New Years... when you’re in love.

Of course, I have other ideas that I might share at another time. But, for now feel free to try any one of those listed above. All I ask is that when you’re basking in the warm embrace of your sweetheart, you take a moment to whisper these words in her ear: “Thank you Crapples”. That’s all the payment I need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home