Friday, March 18, 2005

The Power Of Symbols

Symbols can communicate a thousand words with just one image. Think about some of the symbols that we see in our culture. The American Flag. The Red Cross. The Five Rings of The Olympics.

Personally, I can’t look at the five Olympic rings, for example, without reflecting on the five great pillars of international athletic competition:

  1. Pride
  2. Throwing stuff
  3. I Jump good
  4. Panting
  5. and… I can never remember the fifth one, but if I'm not mistaken it's something about Powerbars.

But, the details aren't important. The point I’m trying to make is that symbols speak volumes. This is why I like to wear Hard Rock Café T-Shirts. My shirt can communicate the sentence, “Dude, I’ve so been to Toronto, or someone I know has been there, unless I bought this shirt at a thrift shop.”

That’s a long sentence, and I don’t want to have to repeat it to everyone I see on the street. So, "Thank you symbols!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home