Friday, January 14, 2005

Freezin' Junk

It happens to be the coldest day of the year today (the high temperature is supposed to be zero). I had the day off, so I decided I would spend the morning freezin' stuff. I've been freezing all kinds of household items, wet t-shirts, toys, and more.

It's been a pretty good morning.

But, it turns out that the coolest thing to do is to soak a wash cloth, then freeze it while it's draped over various household objects. I tried draping it over blocks, Legos, cups, boxes, and some other things, but the best (and most frightening) object was a doll's head. Here's the result:



I didn't intend for it to look quite that spooky, but it's sort of cool nonetheless. If you set it on the table and watch it melt it's even spookier.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should sell that on eBay--it really looks like the Virgin Mary!

3:50 PM  
Blogger craniac said...

The face isn't really visible in the photograph. Good thing it's probably going to get that cold again. Almos 50 degrees here in unseasonably warm, killer-avalanche-infested Utah.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home